Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

hp dv5220 notebook

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:47 PM

my notebook will not go from page to page. for example i go to the forum to help an apprentice in his first step to one day be a master. i drop to the bottom of the page put in model number and my notebook won't go to the page. so i can't see what machine i'm trying to fix.  yet if i go down to the desktop it will work  would this be the wireless network or the computer? i can fix appliances but computer handicapped.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 rogersan

rogersan

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:John Smith Courage

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:39 PM

Sounds like a web browser problem. 

Could you please describe your actions and the symptoms in more detail?

Arid-Gato

#3 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

i can go to the repair forums,read the threads, when i go to the bottom of the page and put in model number to go to the breakdown of parts my laptop won't go to that page it's like i never even clicked on my mouse.

#4 rogersan

rogersan

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

Are you referring to the " style="font-family: Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; font-weight: bolder; color: Blue;"Easy Appliance Parts Lookup Form" at the bottom of the page?

When you fill in the model number can you see what you typed in?

What happens when you click on "GO"?

#5 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:05 AM

yes i type in the model number then click on go it won't go to the next page which would be parts breakdown

#6 rogersan

rogersan

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:37 PM

What version of Windows Internet Explorer are you using?

From within Internet Explorer, choose HELP, ABOUT INTERNET EXPLORER  to find out what version you have.

When you click on GO does the WIndows "Flag" in the upper right corner go all wavy ( indicating data transfer/request)?

#7 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:22 AM

version 7.0 and no it doesn't go into a data transfer mode

#8 rogersan

rogersan

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:20 AM

Have you tried clearing your cache? ( not sure owhere it is on ver 7  of MSIE but on 6 it is TOOLS,INTERNET OPTIONS,(GENERAL tab), DELETE FILES and I would DELETE cookies too).

If that doesn't clear it I would check a similar page to see if it works - such as
http://www.repairclinic.com/0001.asp

If you have problems there, then I would reinstall MSIE.

HTH
Rogersan

#9 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

thanks rogersan  will try

#10 delawaredrew

delawaredrew

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

Link is broken for me too.  Your choice of internet browser  may be the problem.  I use Firefox and it does not go anywhere either, just opens a blank page.  probably a pop-up locker in my case

#11 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:39 PM

I just now tried your tests, On this HP Pavillon dv9000 laptop with Vsta and IE7...also my two desktop pc,s....this is what I found worked for me...seems like repairclinic has changed up their format, and seems like it is going to be a good thing.  When I found a model number in this forum to test, just used a Maytag dryer model number,  I pasted it into the box at the bottom, clicking go it did load the white page, "done" was posted in the lower left corner and the blue circle was turning at the top of the browser, but would not change from the white page...so I selected the brand (maytag) and type of appliance (dryer) in the other two lists then clicked go again and every part that goes into that appliance opened in a listing with photos of the all the parts to that model...what a find...see if this might work for you????
This laptop is on a wireless router off of my Road Runner cable and my desktop here and at my business is on direct Road Runner cable....

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#12 BLTH15

BLTH15

Kohai

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 12:18 PM

thanks pegi and dd- will give anything a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics