Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of Appliantology? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Dishwasher GU2500XTPB

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:35 PM

Ok, I talked to Whirlpool customer help (they can help??:yikes:) and hung up under the guise that turning the breaker off for 30 minutes might resolve the issue...but NOOOOO. It did start running for a bit after I pressed the "Start" with "2" in the timer and then went into it's spastic mode of blinking Glass Express after about 1 minute and quit running. Anyway, this dishwasher just decided to lock up with this led flashing.

I can't clear it using the cancel cycle, can't start it, can't choose another cycle or options either. When I try pressing the "Cancel/Drain", the "Normal" cycle led flashes and the "Glass Express goes to a constant light; after pressing/releasing the Cancel/Drain, the light on Normal goes off and the Glass Express goes back to a constant blinking.

I hope this is clearly explained, if not ask away and I'll provide what I can to aid in figuring out this machine's psychological difficulties and give it a dose of whatever anti-depressant it needs. Who knows, maybe Hydrocodone...:shock:....just would like it up and running again....I checked the site for anything similar and didn't find a solution there.

Thanks in advance!! :cool:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:20 AM

Need the number after this model number to provide the correct tech sheet please..it will be a revision number so the tech sheet # changes depending on that last number..sounds like you have shorted/stuck keys on the keypad at this point.

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

#3 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

Full model number is GU2500XTPB3. Thanks!

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:40 AM

Here ya go, this is the same TECH SHEET that is located within your dishwasher somewhere... ;)  Probably behind the toe panel somewhere or in the console..

Need parts? Call our Parts Department now! 877-803-7957

#5 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 05:22 AM

The Tech Sheet has vanished or I'd have referred to it. I remember seeing it at some point, but alas, not when I REALLY need it. I appreciate the link. Can't get into Diag mode since there appears to be touchpad intereference. No damaged circuits on the board, motor works, and it will run at it's own will but stops after 30-60 seconds with the button going into a constant rapid blink on the "Glass Express" LED.

Can the touchpad be removed without damage? Guessing not but it's worth asking. There's a place on the touch pad that's been damaged with an indentation going to the outer part of the circle around the button, but it's not at this particular option and seems that all buttons "click" when pressed.....every other button on the wash cycles will work but not any of the options will function. When I press the "Cancel/Drain" the LED on "Normal" will light, then goes off when I press "Cancel/Drain" again. Repeating this, the "Glass Express" will go constant and the "Normal" will light and blink rapidly.......

I read somewhere "There's only two kinds of washers: working and broken" I agree....that's true with most appliances and automobiles. They're GREAT when trouble-free and HORRIBLE when broken or malfunctioning.......:X

#6 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:31 AM

As it turns out, I found the control board on Ebay and it's working like a charm now. Thanks for the attempt at helping.;) I would have agreed thast the panel might have a stuck button, however, I could get some response when I pressed various ones, but never could "Reset" properly. I was willing to try the board first since I found it (brand new) for less than half of anywhere else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics