Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Modiste

Montgomery Wards Refrigerator

3 posts in this topic

I have a question about my refrigerator model hmg2170-4 . It seems like it runs a lot, and it is quite loud. When it stops running, there is a noticeable sound drop in the room. Any ideas why it is doing this?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Excessive runtimes can be caused by dirty condensers, inefficient condenser fan motors, torn door gaskets, among other causes. Condenser fan motors and compressors are the two loudest components heard while the unit is running.

Awww! :(

I was dearly hoping you wouldn't say that it needed to be cleaned! Hmmm maybe a good job for my 12 yo son to earn some extra $$. We did recently clean the coils on the back but underneath is still very yucky. 5 children and a dog run havoc on a fridge.

Thank you for you time!

And yes, the beer fund is top on my priorities....

:tinkerbell: