Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 362.75501990

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 04:01 PM

My oven won't heat up.  When I turn the temp. knob, the digital reading only goes to about 280, and that is about the max temp. too.  That seems to be the only problem with it.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:26 AM

Unit made by GE for sears, almost sounds like it has been changed to Celsius from Fahrenheit....because in C the highest it will go is 275, see if your use and care manual gives instructions for changing this to see if this is what has happened..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

Ya, I read that in other posts, but I finally found my manual and it doesn't say anything about a Celcius setting.  It does say that warm should be 170F, so I turned the knob to warm and it showed 170F.  I can turn the knob to any temperature up to about 280F, any temperature after that just goes straight back to 280, its weird.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:13 PM

Since this is GE I have no way of finding a tech sheet either, perhaps someone else will know how to check this for your unit...
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

Anyone else have an idea?  Do you need a tech sheet?  I don't want to go out buy another oven if I don't have to.  The problem can't be that difficult, can it?  What would you do if this wasn't a GE?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

#6 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 19 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

kenmore is no different up here in canada, its next to impossible to find any info on them, but GE did make several electronic over controls that did real flakey things when the knob was turned, numbers jump eratic etc, those controls would be from the 80's those have one plasic knob that turns, and 4 to 6 plastic push button knobs

we might to be able to find some info if you open the back panel and give us the part number off the control, number will be something like wb24m36(made that up but it gives you an idea which number to look for)

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

#7 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

according to my repair parts list the knob's part number is WB03K10019

#8 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:17 PM

Sorry the control is Part # WB11K10012

#9 BrntToast

BrntToast

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 20 September 2007 - 02:59 PM

so far i cant find any info on your kenmore, the manuals are not available online for me to see what might cause your problem

as per your earlier post, this difficulty is not cause its a GE its cause its a kenmore.... they guard manuals and parts lists so consumers are forced to use their service

now even if your control was switched to celcius, that 280C would be one hot oven and yours is not

from what i have found yours is a gas oven, correct? can you tell if the burner is lighting, the oven bottom should be removable to watch for flame... your might have no flame and just an igntor warming the oven slightly, but i would think you could still set the control higher

#10 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

from what i have found yours is a gas oven, correct? can you tell if the burner is lighting, the oven bottom should be removable to watch for flame... your might have no flame and just an igntor warming the oven slightly, but i would think you could still set the control higher

Yes it is a gas oven.  I removed the bottom and did watch the flame light.  It took a minute or so, but it did light.  I turned the knob high and low but the flame didn't change, but I don't know if it would since it wasn't pre-heated.  My wife just cooked some bisciuts in it and at 280, which the oven said it was pre-heated to, and it took about 30 minutes, so it is not getting hot.  The stove part works fine, it lights and adjusts just like it always has.

btw its funny that you say GE is not the problem, because my dad fixes X-ray equipment and they have the same problem with GE hiding stuff from them.

Thanks for your help.

#11 BrntToast

BrntToast

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

the flame size does not change by changing the oven control, the oven regulates temp by turning the flame on and off, flame size is always the same

did you notice if the flame cycled on and off during the baking or did it burn the entire 20 minutes?

#12 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:42 PM

Sorry, I didn't notice.  Do you need me to try it again and watch?

#13 BrntToast

BrntToast

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:48 PM

yes, watch it for a bit, you can set it a bit lower like 250 and see if the flame goes on/off

from what you have said so far i'd say you need that electronic oven control

the samurai has a link on the form for a parts supplier that allows you to return parts for any reason so on the off chance it doesn't fix your prob it can be returned

#14 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:02 PM

Is this the part.  The part that you asked about the first time?

http://www.repaircli...xt=`NWB11K10012

#15 BrntToast

BrntToast

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

yup, that should be it

#16 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

I put it on 250.  When it hit pre-heated I checked it and the flame was off.  I then let the heat out by opening the door.  The flame came back on and reheated its self.  So that part seams to be working.

#17 BrntToast

BrntToast

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 04:37 PM

yes but that is also the same part not allowing you to set the temp above 280

#18 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 12:37 PM

Oh, OK, well I ordered the part last night so hopefully it will be here by Thursday.  I'll replace it and let you know what happened.  Thanks for your help.

#19 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

I know its been a while but, that was the fix.  Replaced it, very simple job and the oven works great.  Thank you very much, your advice is definately worth the $5.

#20 ezeffrin

ezeffrin

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 03:49 PM

Well maybe not.  My wife tried to bake a couple things lately and both times it took a while longer than it was supposed to.  So Im wondering, did I miss something.  There were a couple of wire that had different lables on the older part than the new part, but I thought every thing was OK, should I switch them?  Is there an adjustment I could make to the new part?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics