Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

cjd568

Maytag Dishwasher DWU8860AAX trips GFI

5 posts in this topic

Once every few months my Maytag Dishwasher DWU8860AAX trips the GFI in the middle of the cycle. If I reset it, it just trips again. but, if I wait a few hours or until the next day, I can reset it and it continues through the wash. Any ideas?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Why is your dishwasher on a GFCI?  Also, if it isn't already, it should be on its own dedicated circuit with a separate breaker.

Its on the same circuit as my kitchen GFCI outlets. It is actually plugged into a regular non-GFCI outlet.

I would prefer it to be on a dedicated circuit but its been this way for about 10 years now and I never use the heater element, so it shouldn't draw much.

What I do is "re-route" the dishwasher to another outlet/circuit using an extension cord and wait until it behaves again. I did that last night and it also tripped the GFCI on a different circuit. Today, it works on the original circuit! Go figure.

Remove the kickplates and examine underneath the dishwasher with a flashlight for any moisture.

Removing the kickplate is not easy because it is somewhat built-in. But if these problems get worse, its the first thing I'll do.

Dōmo arigatō.