Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
!@#-%dryer

Maytag #DG303 gas Dryer DOA

2 posts in this topic

I do not know where to go from here. Maytag gas dryer model DG303 started off my not lighting gas. Replaced ceramic ignitor, dryer turns fine but would not ignite. Replaced coils on top of gas valve, nothing still. Tested continuity with electrical tester the sensors, high temp, flame etc, all tested as ok, showed no resistance when tested. Dryer still turns but will not ignite. I am at a loss for what to do next. I got $45 in parts already and would like suggestions on what to do next.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

From Bob Sanke:

First of all, be sure there is 120 volts getting to the burner assy.

If not, look at the thermal fuse.

Ok, assuming you do have voltage to the burner, is the ceramic igniter glowing orange?

You have two new coils installed so lets rule them out.

Now pull the plug for this.....

Find the 2 wires leading to your radiant sensor

(that squareish thing thats setting to the left of your burner tube)

It has a 1/2 by 1.25 inch glass piece to help you find it.

Disconnect the two wires there, and then attach them together away from any ground (isolate it)

Now plug everything back in and start the machine.

let the igniter glow nice n orange......

Now disconnect those two wires.........

Does it light?

If it does you need a new radiant sensor

Bob Sankie

Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air

San Diegos North County

www.coastalappliances.com