Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fisher & Paykel DD603i

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sossy

sossy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 07:52 PM

Hi, I am looking for the instructions on how to use the diagnostic mode in this dishdrawer. I have pulled the drawers out, expecting to find them on the back of one of the drawers... to no avail :(
I see that they are on servicetech.com but being a lowly grasshopper, I can't access them.
Any one able to help?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 08:56 PM

What is the problem.  I'm sure we can help you;).

please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 sossy

sossy

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:59 AM

I thought I had fixed a flood switch problem by drying up some excess water underneath the bottom drawer. I initially thought this was because of washing a couple of oversize dinner plates (ie lid couldn't close properly) but then it happened again about 16 hours after the last time I had run it, which suggested to me that there may be a leak in a hose somewhere.
I pulled both drawers out and I could see a very small amount of moisture had reappeared on the base, but I couldn't see any obvious leaks in any pipes, they were all dry to touch. I was hoping to run it in diagnostic mode to watch it fill and drain to locate any possible leaks.
I also pulled the mains filter board and flood switch out and had a bit of a peekyboo and couldn't see any other problems (corrosion etc) although I did just bend the wires holding the flood switch just a little, in the hope that it would sit a little higher and maybe be a little less sensitive to moisture (hey it seemed like a good idea at the time)

Any other ideas/thoughts would be very appreciated

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,699 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 July 2005 - 06:38 AM

The attached sheet has instructions for entering diagnostic mode. One caution: do not leave the unit on the Er step for more than 5 seconds or you'll burn out your heater.

Attached Files

#5 MaineMan

MaineMan

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 03:58 PM

As simple as this may have been for our collegue from downunder, I have worked on the same integrated model and can't clear the flood code using the diagnostic guidance you provided.   I can again disassemble to check for new moisture if that's a critical aspect you'd suggest.

Without any LCD display, and evidently being none too nimble with my timing when following the keys sequence, the error remains.  Is there somthing about the Keylock to StartPause that's tricky?  Of course, the code is affecting electronics on both drawers, so it seems like one may be clearing, but then the other kicks in and screws up the first.  Any further wisdom?

#6 ethicalfix

ethicalfix

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:16 PM

If this fault is coming up on both drawers it is most likely the flood sensor on the mains filter that is the source of your problem.

I suggest you remove the board from the machine and check that the sensor on the end is totally dry. Also dry the base under the plastic chassis it sits in. Make sure there is no fracture of the solder on the links between the sensor and the board.

Refit the board, connect up and turn on the power to the machine. Do not turn the machine on but wait 60 secs to see if it starts beeping again.

Because the sensor operates independantly of the drawers it will show the fault on both drawers and activate the drain pumps on both.

If it starts beeping change the mains filter board. If not try running first the bottom drawer for about 5 mins then pause it. Check the side and rear of the drawer for leaks. Don't be fooled by the water dripping off the lid though. If all looks ok try the same test with the top drawer.

let us know how you get on.

Remember the simple things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics