Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

any techs ever been to court for false damage?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 27 September 2007 - 05:18 PM

my last post made me realise how important it is to always cover your but so thought its time i add these...

start with the one that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.... i had to go to court after a customer sued us cause their brand new gas oven burst into flames after i serviced it

how the story goes.... customer recieves new frigidaire gas range on a friday, calls dealer to say the burner caps,burner grates and manual are not there and cooktop is chipped, wants exchange. dealer removes caps and grates from floor model same day and couriers them over, dealer has a cooktop removed from floor stock and sends it to our shopto replace theirs, tells customer manual will be mailed out

we call customer to arrange top install, customer insists top must be changed the next day(saturday) or they want new sove and they want EXACT time we will be there

so boss agrees 9:30 am cause first call is easy to be on time for... i arive 9:30 on the nose, customer is boiling 2 large pots of water on stove when they know i will be there to change the stove top(nice eh)

change top and leave... next day we get a call from an insurance company, stove caught fire, we are to be sued for neglegence

cut to the chase, fire inspector says fire started from foam and paper in the oven, customer says i must have put the wrapping from replacement top in the oven. our reply... top was floor stock, was not wrapped.

tell customer to look inside oven for the chared remains of their manual, the missing caps and grates and the broil pan cause they are shipped inside the oven

and always look in the oven before you turn it on

and also dont try to blame others for your own stupidity

for a day i was actually worried i had done something wrong that had ruined someones home

but i am proud to say in 17 years i have only ruined one floor, and it was MINE... i dont usually bring a 24 of beer to customers houses to sit on while i install compressors :P
The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics