Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Subzero Thermostat Connection help if possible

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stiminski

stiminski

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 02:11 PM

Removed inner panel to fix noisy fan and I think accidently pulled the black wire connecting to the thermostat. -  but don't know which prong to plug into - was an idiot and tried one - wrong choice got major spark at one prong - other connector doesn't look right but I don't want to risk it - next to grey.  Any help would be appreciated.  - Too late to call a Sub repair person.    Fixed the fan though - now no cooling!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Brew Man

Brew Man

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:11 PM

As noted on forum if you need help ,they would like to have the model and serial number.

#3 stiminski

stiminski

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 04:19 PM

Sorry,  Subzero 561 - Serial M739795, production date DEC 88.  Hope that helps.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

Look inside the compressor compartment and pull out the wiring diagram. Post a copy here or fax it to me at 775-416-4449.

#5 stiminski

stiminski

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 02:43 AM

Unfortunately wasn't in the compartment.  Is an envelope - but no diagram.  Think the connector I was going for might be right but WASN"T THINKING - machine was plugged in when I tried to plug it back - which was really stupid.  Because of the voltage going though the system most likely a high volt arc must have been created at the terminal and connector which caused the sparking.  I looked at the terminal on the thermostat afterwards and it looks a little melted!!! - So I think the control must be damaged and probably should be replaced - Don't want to attempt to cut the power and connect it since I'm not 100 percent sure of the connector and I don't want to mess anything up further - so a service call is probably in order I think. Hopefully someone can come this weekend,  If not I might give it a try if someone has any further info.  Any further help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,691 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:35 AM

You have other problems: you no longer have the wiring diagram for your refrigerator. You need it now and you WILL need it again. Whoever worked on itlast time "borrowed" it. Get it back. Contact Subzero and get a replacement tech sheet if you need to. That's your first assignment.

#7 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:01 AM

Stiminski,  you started the Fourth a little early,  didn't ya.   You only have 3 wires going to that control, black,  grey and green.   The green is the ground and it will be a seperate terminal at the top of the control.   The black and grey will go on the terminals more toward the center.   Kill the power to the unit and reconnect the black wire.  Hopefully your going to be o.k....Ron

#8 stiminski

stiminski

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:50 AM

Thanks!!!!!!!   Was pretty obvious when I really looked at the switch and was thinking clearly - center terminal went into the unit whereas the terminal I connected was definately the ground - attached to thermostat case and didn't go anywhere - really dumb.   Sometimes need a second brain that is thinking clearly.  Compressor fired up right away - hopefully won't freeze up.  Now have to go and get a new female spade connector - was melted about 3/4 way down from the arcing but the plastic insulator cover was unharmed as was my finger - at least the fan is quiet now - Again thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics