Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
mike5260

Frigidaire Refrigerator Model #FRS26ZGEW3

4 posts in this topic

My Frigidarie is not making ice.  The water inlet tube is clear (no frozen ice there).  I have a dual outlet valve on the back of the fridge but am not sure if it is the culprit or if I have a problem with the ice maker itself. 

I went to an appliance parts store today and the man told me there are two valves on the back (so which one could be bad).  I didn't see two valves on the back; just one.  With a little guidance, I may be able to do a continuity test on the valve solenoid and the ice maker.

I have a water dispenser on the door which works fine!

Any ideas on how to diagnose this problem?:yikes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hey,

I have a frigidare too,but mine has two solenoids on the back.The yellow one is for he water and the green one is for the ice maker.Do you have the book or info that came with it ,it might explain the dual outlet valve to you.Hopr this helps.:)

The dual valve feeds both, the ice maker and the water disp.. Either the ice maker is not giving power to the valve or the ice maker side of the dual valve has gone out.  You would probably start by replacing the fill valve.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll replace the fill valve first.