Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Defective customer...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 13 October 2007 - 04:19 AM

I had a call yesterday on a new Whirlpool Refrigerator. His complaint was " the new refrigerator causes noise on my AM radio reception" The unit was working perfectly, the receptacle was grounded and polarized, and the amp draw and voltages were all good.

I have no idea what he thought I could do about his AM radio reception. Maybe I should have him contact the FCC.

Nick
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 13 October 2007 - 08:41 AM

My favorite defective customer call was on a Maytag dishwasher, she said her Corian™ countertop was warping and melting from her dishwasher.
Scott Wolf

#3 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:08 AM

while working on a ladys frige she decided to ask why her kenmore washer did't spin right all the time. she asked me this right after i watched her tell her 10 year old son to get on top of the waser and jump up and down on the clothes to pack them tighter.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#4 Lurker__*

Lurker__*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:44 PM

Good ones, lol..

About 20 years ago I had to clean out the filter on a old belt drive whirlpool washer.

It was all plugged up. The lady used the washer to clean her cucumbers.

#5 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:34 PM

I once had an elderly man that used his dishwasher to wash his dentures in.  His dentures finally fell apart after awhile and clogged up the drain pump.
Scott Wolf

#6 Crouching Tiger

Crouching Tiger

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:34 PM

I had to check out a Kenmore (Frigidaire) gas range for our local Sears store which happened to be the third replacement.  The customer kept complaining that his son could slide envelopes behind the outer glass on the oven door.....his kid is 11 years old!  I asked him what was to prevent his son from running out in front of a car on the street or turning the knob to one of the surface burners past ignite and filling the house with gas.  He said the oven door should be manufacturers recall for a fire hazard.

#7 Chat_in_FL

Chat_in_FL

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:on the house...

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:43 AM

Lady complained there was a sheet of paper folded in a plastic envelope glued to the bottom of her refrigerator behind the toe grill -- that she could not remove...
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Mother Teresa

#8 Matt_In_Michigan

Matt_In_Michigan

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 October 2007 - 06:09 PM

Defective customer stories abound in my line of work.  I work for a regional hardware chain, and because we're not one of the "big boxes" I routinely get customers who believe "I'm intelligent and educated, I can do anything I want."  An hour later, after they call fuming that the carpet cleaner they rented won't spray cleaning solution until its explained to them that the bucket is for mixing only, and the solution has to be poured into the tank.  My favorites are the ones with no clue about what they're attempting to do and will harp on you for every detail about doing it the "right way."  45 mins of your time later, they decide that as long as it works right now, they're ok. 

This isn't my story, but its still one of my favorites.  We're on a septic system, and I have the tank pumped every 2-3 years.  I always look forward to the horror stories from the guy who drives the poo sucking truck.  While many are the same with the names and addresses changed, one will forever be melted into my brain.  The AC drain was open above a finished ceiling in the basement.   The tank was backing up and out of the open drain.  The homeowner calls the pumping company, and out he goes.  He opens the lid on the liquid side, and starts pumping.  The homeowner comes out to check up and inquire about the back up.  He explains that its just he and his wife, and the tank had been pumped out within the last year.  He looks down into the tank and asks the driver if he was the person who came out last time.  He said, "I believe so, yes."  The homeowner asks him if its common for condoms to linger in a tank after being pumped empty?  He's kind of puzzled, and asks the homeowner what he means.  The homeowner says, "well, it is just me and the wife, and we don't use them."  "They must of been left in there from the previous owners."

I just had my tank pumped in early October, and he said they're still married, and he's still pumpin rubbers out. 

"You can buy it cheaper somewhere else. Or you could pay a fair value for it, and not have to wonder why your neighbor's factory job doesn't exist anymore. Cheaper is not better."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics