Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
kevcsr

Maytag Refrigerator msd2555drw

3 posts in this topic

Water everywhere.  My 5 year old Maytag's water dispenser 'just turned on' by itself  and provided me with a new pond area in my home. Had to click onto 'Ice:"to switch off.  It appears to be the most obvious of what apparently is a major failure.  The dispenser buttons do not respond to pushing anymore- although the indicator lights ( and 'night' light are lit.  The refrigerator immediately stopped cooling( both freezer and refrigerator). All lights work, the ( what I assume is) the evaporator fan in the rear of the fridge turns( as is my stomach at about this time).  Does anyone have an idea( short of taking it to the curb- which I am pretty close to- the workmanship quality of the fridge has been in general 'poor').

:violin:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

HV board failure, I think too... there was recently one or two threads about repairing the board instead of replacing... even if the boards in question aren't exactly equal, the problem may be the same, and can thus be rectified the same way.

Found the thread: http://applianceguru.com/forum1/13035.html

This very detailed document is mainly what might be of interest: http://www.liny.net/MaytagIce2O.htm