Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Pegmumm

Replacing Hotpoint Dishwasher door flange question

10 posts in this topic

Oh wonderful Samurai, your advice on repairing our Maytag washer was spot on. You have our eternal thanks.

Now hubbie is faced with replacing bottom door gasket/flange on Hotpoint portable dishwasher model HDB727K-01AD. We received the flange today but no instructions on how to replace it came with it as it did with other parts we have ordered. Will you please enlighten us with the proper posture and attack mode? Thank you, peg

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Is this the gasket that comes with a little bag of plastic clips?  If so, this is pretty easy.  First, look at how the old gasket is installed.  Note which side is out and which side is in.  Also look at how the plastic clips are installed in the gasket and how they attach to the door jamb.  Now go and do likewise.

I'm the hubbie.

There is no bag of clips. No loose parts of any kind.

Just one large gasket with a screw and an attached clip

at each end. Both the clips and screws are metal.

It looks like at least some of the door needs to be removed

Weather the whole door needs to be removed or just the

inner door pannel. I can see that the gasket is screwed

to the tub. But I can't tell how/if it attaches/connects

to the door itself.

Thanks,

George

Could you post a couple photos of your old gasket installation and the new gasket?

There is a good possiblity that someone got you the wrong part if the gasket didn't come with the bag of 12 new plastic retaining clips.

Here the part that yours takes: WD8X5097 CLICK HERE

00013018.jpg

If your new gasket.........UGGGGGGGGG. just went back and reread your post........ You're not trying to replace the door gasket your talking about the lower flange/vent baffle.

This part: WD12X5039 Vent baffle ref#18 in this picture????

A10D3.gif

Nope...

it would be number 844 in this pic at the bottom of the tub, in front....

Leadimage.asp?productTypeID=0130000&brandID=1811&modelDesc=HOTPOINT%20DISHWASHERS&modelNumber=HDB727K-01&documentID=E2100744&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PM&titleType=TUB&titleID=00001&

And this is what it looks like

post-79-129045085561_thumb.jpg

Where it goes... at the tub base under the door.

post-79-129045085563_thumb.jpg

I'm not sure what else I can tell you beyond the diagrams and photos already posted herein. This job is visually obvious. Grab a flashlight and some tools, lay on the floor in front of the dishwasher and replace the flange.

What? You're still here? Get to work!