Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological. 
      We have a special session planned for this one. Instead of the usual Show 'n Tell on a technical topic, we're going to post tech sheets in the comments to this Calendar Event (scroll down to see what's posted so far) and ask specific questions that can only be answered by reading the tech sheet. If you at least try to answer the questions beforehand, you'll get a lot more out of it. The tech sheet and the questions are posted in the comments section below.
      Your mission, if you should choose to accept it, is to check out the questions for each one and try to answer them ahead of time. Then come to the Dojo to see how well you did! 
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire A/C FAM18HR2A

appl.tech.29501

Here's the delima.....I need a display board for this unit which all breakdowns says is a part# 5304459473 even Frigidaire tech. line verified the #. this unit is a heat / cool unit and the board that comes with the above part # is different from the orginal. It doesn't have the red LED for the heat mode and the wire configeration is completely different, it will hook up to the harness and power the unit up but will not let you operate the heating. Tech line says they don't know what to tell me.....go figure :shock:

anyone ever run into this particular problem?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the breakdown I just looked at, there are 2 PC boards, the one you've already mentioned, and also # 5304459460. The one you already mentioned is for A/C,  the 5304459460 is for the heat.

It sounds like maybe the board you received was mispackaged.

The only place that had a picture is RepairClinic and it sure appears to me to have the "RED" heat led.

Looks like, a total of 8 L.E.D.'s, (6 green, 1 red, 1 yellow).

OEM part# 5304459473

00348839.jpg

CLICK on the above image to order.

Thanks for the reply, for some reason I couldn't find that picture. I was suspecting a packaging issue, will check on it Monday, thanks again.

So then, I take it that the picture looks like the board you expected to receive when you ordered part# 5304459473 but you infact received something different then pictured in a box marked with part# 5304459473?

Archived