Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

AMANA DRYER - ALG643RAW

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KBeck

KBeck

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 02:34 PM

I have an AMANA dryer that does not dry properly.  I have cleaned out the vent, lint trap, etc.  Clothes to not dry or get hot.  At times there seems to be a little heat, but it's either not enough or not heating long enough.  The timer works correctly but the clothes will still be damp.  If I set the dryer to a dryness setting the machine will run forever.  Is there a moisture controller/sensor problem with my machine???

Thanks

Ken

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,399 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:08 PM

Disconnect the vent from the dryer and run a load. Then read this:

http://fixitnow.com/...imate-dryer.htm

As you'll learn, there's much more to an adequate dryer vent besides simply cleaning it out.

#3 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:35 PM

If the venting is ok, you might have bad coils on the top of your gas valve, not re-opening the valve after it cycles off..  Watch to see if this is happening, it will light the first time and cycle off but will not re-ignite when it calls for heat again.  This would be a common problem in gas dryers. Of course there are other things that could be causing this, but this is the first thing I would suspect.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#4 KBeck

KBeck

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for your quick responses.

I disconnected the vent hose (just in case).  I then cycled the dryer and watched.  The heating element glowed and the flame ran for approx 5 min. then went out.  About every minute after that, the element glowed but no flame.  I restarted the entire drying cycle (both on a dryness cycle and a timed cycle) and watched the element glow repeatedly but no heat/flame.  I noticed a few electrical "sensors" on the burner tube.  Is there any way to test these items before purchasing any replacement parts or should I just buy a gas valve??

Thanks,

Ken

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:08 AM

If the sensers were out the igniter likely would not come on.  Replace the coils on top of the gas valve first, costs lots less than the whole gas valve with coils.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 KBeck

KBeck

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 11:53 AM

Just received and installed the coils today.  Did a test run and found it worked perfectly.  THANK YOU for your help!!!!

#7 Mark T 7724

Mark T 7724

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 01:39 PM

I have a Amana LG8109W2 and it does'nt light at all, The primary is hot but does'nt click the secondary coil clicks when disconnected. Does the thermal fuse control one or both? Does the primary coil not functioning control the ignitor as well?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics