Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Looking for a Low pressure icemaker

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RodG

RodG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:43 PM

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone makes a low pressure icemaker. I would like to run one off of my reverse osmosis system, but the presure is only about 7psi. Anyone know of anything?

Thanks

Rod

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:16 PM

The pressure requirement is based on the needs of the water inlet valve, not the icemaker. Theoretically, you should be able to find a low pressure solenoid valve, though I have no idea where. But then, that's why the pot-bellied Buddha gave us Google.

BTW, I supply RO water to my icemaker, no problems other than the occasional batch of hollow cubes.

#3 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:23 AM

i believe they sell "low pressure" ice cubes at most gas stations,they come in a 5lb. bag.
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#4 RodG

RodG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:57 AM

Thanks for the replies. I knew about the 5lbs of low pressure ice cubes. lol   I'll try installing the icemaker and see if I can make it work.

Thanks

Rod

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 July 2005 - 08:35 AM

Cute Kdog, but do not think that is what he is looking for.  LOL    I believe there is some sort of system that can be installed to boost the water pressure to the ref., but do not know how they work, nor where they can be obtained, probably like some sort of holding tank that is pressurized.  I have seen references to this sort of system for dishwashers when low water pressure is an issue as most are time fill also.  With low water pressure you will have problems with enough water to fill the ice maker, small cubes and the thru tube freezing up perhaps.  Or it sticking open, flooding the box.  Turn the fill time up on the ice maker so more water will enter when it calls for water.  Other than all of this do not think can do more about this as should be 20 psi to the valve for it all to work properly.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 RodG

RodG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:35 AM

Hi Pegi,

I have found a booster pump, but it doubles the cost of the setup. I was just trying to find a cheaper way to get it done. The icemaker is 149 and the booster pump was 180. CND.

Thanks

Rod 

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:41 AM

Rod, looks like we did not ask if this is an ice maker for a ref. or a stand alone ice machine.  These would be different systems.  If it goes into a ref. what brand ref., and were you needing the whole ice maker kit or just the replacement ice maker.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#8 RodG

RodG

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:47 PM

Sorry about that, I should have included it into my 1st post. It is going into a newer Kenmore refridgerator with the freezer on the bottom. The ice maker would have been one that is built to fit it (new). I held off, because my drinking water comes from an RO unit and the pressure would usually be below the required pressure.  ( I asked about it on the board a while ago.)

Thats why I was wondering if there was such thing as a unit that can run with the lower pressure. I might just install it and try to see if I can get ti to work without spending too much on it.

Thanks

Rod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics