Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jrscaf

GE side by side refrigerator

3 posts in this topic

I have a model TFF-22K and the icemaker will not shut off, it keeps making ice even when the bin is overflowing. I tried to manually lift the switch into the off position, but it still keeps making ice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Randy

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Either the on-off arm is not contacting the on/off switch in the ice maker head or the switch is shorted, not cutting the ice maker off.  Might remove the ice maker from the frig. and take it apart to see what is happening in there. 

Thanks for your quick reply,  I will check out the switch and see what's going on there. Hopefully I can get it figured out, otherwise I'll be selling ice to our neighborhood 7-11