Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Repair book suggestions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MJ2

MJ2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:20 AM

Hello everyone,

Can you guys make any suggestions on good books to buy for appliance repair and HVAC info? I have been doing basic repairs and maintenance but I would like to broaden my knowledge mainly for HVAC and general appliance repair.

Usually in every field there are a few must have books that are top of the line, that's what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 kdog

kdog

RoughShod

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,465 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dickens Cider

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:15 AM

my personal favorite refrigeration/cooling bible is "modern refrigeration"- a large book,expensive,but worth it- a lifelong investment. covers all with respect to hvac and refrigeration;everything you'll ever want to know,and probably some that you won't.  here's a suggestion, i got my copy from a used book list at my local technical college- paid $25.00 and it's like new
Help us keep the lights on: buy appliance parts here ==> http://repairclinic.com

For service manuals and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice ==> Apprenticeship

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 July 2005 - 05:10 AM

My favorite general appliance repair book (electric-only, no gas):

http://fixitnow.com/...bleshooting.htm

Also, you'll need a set of genuine manufacturer's manuals for the most common appliances out there:

http://fixitnow.com/...ore-genuine.htm

#4 MJ2

MJ2

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

Thanks, I will check these out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics