Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

when does knowledge outweigh experience

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BrntToast

BrntToast

fellow,academy of sublime masters of appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:i quit drinking the day i woke up nude on the hood of my car with my keys up my butt

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

recap.. i changed jobs from a friggy warranty depot to a store that did retail only calls, 2 weeks later dealers found me and a week after that my boss had been courted and we now have a frigidaire warranty contract

now i dont mind the frigidaire contract, but....

we have 2 other techs both with almost twice the years i have and they cant fix anything that is remotly electronic

they have NO CLUE

the other night while we all waited for a group picture these 2 old timers commented on how nice it was we had access to parts so they could order "modules" to plug in to test machines

i assume they mean EOC on ranges and control boards on d/w and laundry

"sigh"

nobody at this shop used the "intranet" before this i cant wait for all the questions

time will tell, and for now sorry if i'm bitter and jaded buy i think my life is gonna be hell for the next long while

The only stupid question is the one not asked

hope i've been helpfull, if you wish to buy Brnt beer kick here

http://brnttoast.googlepages.com/home

feel free to prvt msg frigidaire questions my way

(i dont log in every day)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 appl.tech.29501

appl.tech.29501

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,025 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Waffle House Coffee

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:26 AM

yeah, its gonna be rough :yikes: but if you gradually help the and teach them a little here and there (that is if they want to learn), they will respect you a lot more, just dont force it.
If you would like to make a donation you may do so at the link below

One on one repair help now available !

http://homepage.mac....ppl.tech.29501/

http://twitter.com/ApplTech29501

http://www.facebook.com/ApplTech29501

www.eliteapplianceservice.org

#3 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,728 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:02 PM

Brings back memories of when I worked for Maytag Factory Service and I had 3 rookie technicians who were fresh out of trade school and they guessed at which part needed to be replaced, ordered the part and it still didn't solve the problem. I don't even think they new what a meter was.

It was so bad, I had to have my service manager let all 3 of them go and then I had to work overtime, 6 days a week, putting in 60 hour workweeks until we hired some more experienced techs.
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics