Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

kenmore dryer heats then stops heating

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_mckalas_*

Lurker_mckalas_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:16 AM

I have a Kenmore dryer that will sometimes still heat for a few minutes, but then the heats turns off but the dryer still runs.  Any ideas?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 09:58 AM

need a little more info hoss cat, what model are we working with 1, 110  110.   have no clue and as for heating a little then quitting, heating correctly then cycling off need to be specific
Fix On

#3 Lurker_mckalas_*

Lurker_mckalas_*

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:19 PM

It's the Kenmore Elite electric dryer, model # 110.63952101.  We bought it in 2003 and already had to replace the even heat control board.  Most of the time, there is no heat at all.  Sometimes (if the unit has been unplugged for a while), the heat will return for a few minutes and then disappear.  Other than that, it runs just fine.  I had a repairman out who couldn't find anything wrong.  He suggested we replace the even heat control board again.  We did, but this didn't make a difference.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

#4 Fixum

Fixum

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:00 PM

could be a air leak around a dor seal tub seal or the likes, have had this to happen with a fe of these, also have had problems with the timer and operating thermastats on these machines too,  hope something is this will help
Fix On

#5 Lurker_mckalas_*

Lurker_mckalas_*

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:46 PM

thanks

#6 GuidofromCT

GuidofromCT

IkkĊ-ikki

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 05:47 PM

Sounds like you may have a bad circuit breaker or maybe a loose connection @ the main power connection @ the dryer.
yo, just do what ya gotta do!

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:43 AM

Has anyone pulled the heating element out of the protective can and checked it for breaks anywhere in the curcuit.

You may have a broken heating element that periodically connects to ground causing it to heat sometimes when things are vibrating when running.

If you don't see anything that is obviously broken then your are going to have to learn to use an electrical test meter to find out where you are losing power to the element.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501
William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics