Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

End cap removal - Kenmore Washer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phibes

Phibes

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 01:33 AM

Kenmore washer 110.27612600.

I searched throughout this forum for help on removing the control panel plastic end caps from this POS. I tried the putty-knife-under-the-cap-trick to no avail.

There are/were 1/4" self-tapping screws on the rear that went from through the metal back and into the rear of the the cap(s) and they have been removed.

Any help would be much appreciated. I humbly await for the dojo (mojo... GoJo... whatever the frick it's called....). I've attached a picture of the machine in question. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:03 AM

Looks like the end caps do not remove on this model, there will be two clips on either end that is holding the console to the case, ref. # 8 in BREAKDOWN OF THE CONSOLE  Going to have to release these with some sort  of padded putty knife or screw driver....the console should then hinge up and over the back panel of the washer assuming you have not removed the hinge screws...

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 Phibes

Phibes

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:56 AM

Yep, you're right... the end caps do not come off this model. I was able to shine a flashlight between the top of the cabinet and the console to see where the clip was (I missed it completely when I tried it earlier). Those screws I mentioned previously do indeed have to come out, and there is no hinge action on this model's console either... the console has to drape over the back of the washer.

Thanks for your help!

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

Looks like the end caps do not remove on this model, there will be two clips on either end that is holding the console to the case, ref. # 8 in BREAKDOWN OF THE CONSOLE  Going to have to release these with some sort  of padded putty knife or screw driver....the console should then hinge up and over the back panel of the washer assuming you have not removed the hinge screws...

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:25 AM

I myself would like to shoot the Sears engineer who thought up this clip design. I thought Whirlpool was bad for taking the two front console screws and moving them to the back of the console was a stupid idea, but this clip idea is even worse.  Heaven forbid there should still be visible screws on appliances. :soapbox:
Scott Wolf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics