Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
anytire

Maytag Neptune Washer

31 posts in this topic

WoooHoo!

:party:****THANKS****

I was just about to order the $150+ clutch ass'y today...I will review all material in this and the linked post...on my first pre-coffee look it contains much wisdom!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Cleaning up unfinished posts...  Took the clutch out, cleaned it, lubed it... no change. Still messing up. It looked fine, however.

Bought a new clutch, installed it...all better. And A&E was telling her it needed a control panel assy, for $300+...NOT!

Volkemon

Just curious before you did the WD-40 clean up of the One-Way Roller Clutches in the Clutch pulley and the upper bearing ring if used.  Did you try the little test I show in the pics to check if the One-Way Roller Clutches lock up solid in the CCW direction?  Those One-Way Roller Clutches slipping as you enter spin cycle cause  agitator shaft rotation causing tumbler rotation and the unbalance errors.

At least you did not have to go thru the cost of the A&E parts swap to fix a very common problem with the FAV6800A/FAV9800A machines…….Good job and thanks for the follow up.

Watch out for a leaky tub seal down the road.   If you need to replace the Outer Tub bearings you can use 6207-2RS for the series 10 &11 machines. 

If your machine did not use the upper bearing ring the machine will use a One-Way Roller Clutch bearing as part of the Outer Tub bearing assembly but you can replace with standard 6207-2RS bearings and some shims. 

You can make this machine last a very long time with a little effort.  On my 1st Outer Tub bearing replacement a series 10 Outer Tub I also replaced the bearings in the Spinner Assembly.  They did not need it I just wanted the hands on.   Good Luck……..Dick

Thanks dh1200s! 

I did follow your excellent suggestions, and thought I had it fixed. It still failed under test. I used WD, then carb and choke cleaner to clean. Then a light coat of waterproof grease.

The new clutch came with similar grease installed. But it worked. :)

I tried the pdf link but it didn't work.

I need a manual too.

16022808 TL NEPTUNE.pdf

link PM'd