LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

ARCO-AIRE inducer motor back plate gasket-fasco type # 7062-3794

jayray

hello fellow beer hounds, I am currently in possesion of an arco-aire 90% super high efficiency furnace model # GUH075A012CIN. The inducer motor back plate gasket area is dropping water into a pan ive placed under the motor. if i dont do this, water drops onto the condensate safety level sensor locking out the system. the condensate pump works fine. Ive tried tightening the screws which slowed it a little. Is it possible to change this gasket or should i be looking at something else. 

inducer motor--- FASCO--- #7062-3794

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should have no moisture coming back to the inducer.  You need to check the PVC flue and make sure it is pitched 1/4 inch for every foot horizontal.  You may have a situation where flue has moved or bowed with age and holding water.  I have had several units where this has occurred and unfortuntaely the only fix was to drill and tap the PVC at the lowest section and run vinyl tubing back to the condensate drain.

Make sure the flue is not obstructed and count the number of turns that you can find.  There is a maximum number of elbows and turns that a properly built flue can have before the pressure drops will reduce the flue gas velocity and cause problems as well.  The samd goes for the total length of the entire flue.

If you have a manometer, check and verify how many inches of water column you have on the inducer verifying that it is moving enough gas to force the gas up the flue.  An amp draw will also give someindication of how hard the motor is working.

Your gasket leaking is a symptom of a greater problem that needs to be addressed.  Eventually the water laying in the inducer will at a minimum rust out the wheel.  This may have in fact already happened and be an indication of why the water is not making out of the flue.

Check and clean out the condensing heat exchanger condensate port and line.  Over time there will be a build up of what looks like mud and will not allow the free flow of condensate and flue gas.

Thanks guys for taking time to answer my questions I really appreciate it. As to the pvc flue I have a 2- 1/2 foot vert. out of the inducer into an elbow then about 5 foot of pvc on a nice incline to another elbow to 4 foot of pvc inclined out of the house. the lowest point is the inducer itself where the leak is. I dont see any clogs. One thing ive noticed is that it doesn't leak when the unit is full out running but just when the gas shuts off going through its cool down purge stage, when motors are still on. Well any way its 0 degrees outside i need to keep the wife and kids warm so i wont be tearing into the inducer anytime soon. is the condensing heat exchanger port and line, the tube to where the drain trap is connected, if so, this is clear. thanx.    

Archived