Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Another Kenmore 665 dishwasher nightmare

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sumdooduno

sumdooduno

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:02 PM

Hi everyone:
I have seen many posts concerning this piece of junk,so I would not recomend buying one! Is there a solution for the problem I'm experiencing? I have Kenmore dishwasher #665-
16933000 5yrs old.All of a sudden display went crazy with
vertical and horoizantal lines and control panel went dead,
except for Air Dry Lock.I replaced switch in door and then
gained the other 2 options HighTemp and SaniRinse(lights only) I bypassed thermal fuse no luck.I replaced control board, same thing.Is there something stupid I'm overlooking?
Does the gasket keep the machine from operating? (it's not great)Do I have to have the door completely back together?
I probably need touchpad now I'm guessing.I'm not a rich person and could use some advice!
Thanks Anyone

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 02:59 PM

Sumdooduno,  This d/w has a lot of crap out on it.  First start to make sure you don't have it in the demo mode...press in this order....high temp--air dry--air dry---high temp.  See if does anything.  You said you replaced the board...There was a flash out on this too  concerning high line voltage.  The board has been reworked and should state Reworked High line on it.   Im wondering if yours stated this.   If your line voltage is ok,  you probabley have a stuck or shorted keypad......Ron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics