Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

wartribe

STOP THE SQUEALING....PLEASE!!!!

5 posts in this topic

AWESOME SIGHT!!  Thank you, Google, for taking me here!!

Sorry....it's an AMANA Dryer about 9 yrs old squeals off and on.  Mostly at the beginning of the cycle, but does do it other times, just not as often.  Would love to fix it myself, need to know if it's a belt??  We have a family of 7 and do about 14-18 loads a week, really must mix asap. 

Thank you for your help!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Ok, so I goofed.  The dryer is Amana.  Sorry!  Can you tell me the kit I need for Amana?  Thank you so much!  Sorry for the goof, we have a newer model washer and I got them mixed up.  Thanx....

Now I'm desparate!!  I used the dryer this morning, squealed, but worked fine....NOW, it just kinda "buzzes" at me and won't do anything....HELP....will the kit you listed for Whirlpool work for Amana????  PLEASE HELP FAST!! 

No, Whirlpool parts will not work on this 'Amana/Maytag dryer.  It sounds like your squeeling noise might have been the motor bearings and now the motor is toast and is just buzzing, will not start.  Or you might have something cought in the blower wheel.