Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Lost with the new appliances? The Samurai teaches you Circuit Fu…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
jakeydog

Whirllpool washer keeps filling

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a Whirlppol top loader model 11020982992.

When I start a load it keeps filling when it starts to wash

but when I pull the timer out it will stop. Then I push timer back in and the water will stop coming it. It will wash like normal until it goes to rinse, then it will not stop filling again until I pull timer out and back in. Does this sound like a timer problem or a valve problem? Please help

Thank you.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hummmm, If the fill valve were stuck open the water would not stop flowing with the washer off or unplugged until you turned the water off to the washer.  This sounds like an electrical problem perhaps.  When the washer keeps filling does it agitate or just keeps filling with no agitate.

It keeps filling while it is agitating

This would indicate the fill level switch was satisfied, and would leave the problem of the fill valve sticking open or something is shorted in the washer giving voltage to the valve after the water level switch was satisfied.

You'll have to get a meter on the valve wires and see what's going on with the voltage action. Getting voltage to the valve when you shouldn't be

or

not getting voltage to the valve and it's still letting water in.