Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Gas Dryer won't start

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cybrix

cybrix

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

My Inglis gas dryer suddenly stopped working the other day.  The model number is ID76701.  I can't find a lot of information on this machine on the internet, is it exclusively canadian?  I think it's a subdivision or Whirlpool.  Just after a load was done, i put in another load and started it.  it turned a few times and then stopped.  When I try to start it, i hear a clicking noise and that's it.  Can anyone help me diagnose this problem?  I have a multimeter and found the wiring diagram inside but i'm not sure where to start.

Also, if I was to replace this dryer (I'm thinking of replacing the washer too but that's another problem), what brand/models would you recommend in the mid-price range?

Thanks.

Luc

P.S.  Don't mean to go offtopic but I was unable to submit this using firefox so i had to use internet explorer.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 July 2005 - 03:36 PM

Gas or electric dryer?

#3 cybrix

cybrix

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

I think I would prefer to stay with a gas dryer since I've got the hookup for it.  I did go into a few stores and it seems like none of them stock gas dryers (even at their warehouse) and it would take 3 weeks delivery but that is not too much of a concern since I can make alternate arrangements. 

But I'd definately like to get some feedback on my problem to know if it is worth repairing.  What components should I look at that could be causing this problem?  I think I've already ruled out the door switch, the start switch and the thermal fuse.  All I hear when I press start (no matter what setting i put the dryer in) is the click noise coming from the bottom (motor?) i usually hear when it starts but nothing else.  I've read about humming noises in other threads but I don't seem to be hearing any of that.

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,365 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

Go with Whirlpool with the lint filter on top panel.

BTW, I use Firefox on a Mac iBook G4 almost exclusively, no problems. I don't have a WYSIWYG editor on the forum when I use Firefox, but no problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics