Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenwore Fridge Not making ICE

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rmd0311

rmd0311

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:32 AM

Hi,

I'm a new homeowner.  I recently purchase a house with an all Kenmore kitchen.  The stove was on the fritz before I bought it and decided that it might be a good thing to just replace with a Kenmore.  Have all the same brand sort of thing?  If that makes any sense whatsoever.

So there is also a fridge,  The fridge looks nearly brand new and as per the previous owner it's barely 4 years old.  Good age?  Well off to the actual point.  It has the IceMaker and Water valves in the front.  Both of which are filtered or so it says.  Filter is brand new.  The water works fine but never really THAT cold and not sure if it's suppose to flow as slowly as it does.  The icemaker just does not make ice.  This is really disconcerting as I like drinking my occasional JohnnyBlack,  was hoping that in the new house did not have to deal with ice trays.  What can be the cause for this?  There is water but no ICE.  I went through the troubleshooting tips in the user guide thing but to no avail.  The only thing missing to check is the water pressure which I have no idea how to do?  I guess.

Please advise... Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:51 AM

Need the model number to see what brand this really is, Kenmore is a private label. Have no idea what sort of ice system this box has.  Every appliance in your house with the Kenmore name on it is really a G.E., Frigidaire, Whirlpool, L.G., Maytag, etc., you get the idea.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 rmd0311

rmd0311

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:58 AM

Really, that sucks... I would have thought Sears had this almighty Engineering Center somewhere in India.  I guess the new Kenmore Vacuum I bought is another weird brand as well.  I will get that model number for you first thing in the morning.  Do you know where I should be looking?

FYI... They just like Dell... A whole bunch of parts, but all made by someone else.

Thanks,

Roddy

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 July 2005 - 12:06 PM

Vac is probably made by L.G, Hoover, or Eurika???  who knows.....Where is the ice bin located in this frig???  Look inside of the food compartment perhaps on the right or left wall.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics