Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dryer Plug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:37 PM

I moved into a new apartment this week and the plug on my dryer is 3 pronged with 1 connector being L-shaped.  The receptical in the wall does not have this L-shape hole.  Was told by someone whom I consider fairly knowlegable about these things that a mistake was made and the recepticle that was installed was meant for a range(stove). Called the apartment management and was told that the receptical was correct I would have to upgrade my pigtail. Went to a couple of stores(Wal-Mart, Lowes) and all dryer pigtails in stock do indeed have the L-shape connector. My research on the internet did not turn up any dryer connectors that do not have this L-shape connector. I'm pretty sure that my management is mistaken and the recepticle is wrong. I would just like to know if any experts out there have ever seen a dryer plug that did NOT have an L-shape connector?

Thank,

Mike

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 July 2005 - 05:53 PM

No. The dryer plug has the L shape common and the electric range plug is straight instead of an L.  The dryer being 30 amps and the range being 50 amps.  If the outlet in the wall has 2 angles and one straight up and down that is for an electric range.  This needs to be 2 angles and an L , the apartment needs to install the correct outlet for your dryer.  Print this out and show them. If they refuse to do so,  you will need to install a range cord on your dryer that has the 2 angles and the straight.  

Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 DocSeuss

DocSeuss

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't know if it would be wise to sub something that is rated at 30amps for something that is rated for 50 so they will replace the receptical.

Thanks again.

Mike

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 07 July 2005 - 06:05 PM

This will depend on what size the breakers are to this outlet.  If they have the 30 amp breakers someone just used the wrong outlet, however if they are 50 amp breakers then the outlet and the breakers have to be changed since you will still be over rated by 20 amps in case something were to happen to the dryer, so be sure they do not just change the outlet without checking the rating on the breakers.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics