Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
BoBo

Amana won't spin/agitate

4 posts in this topic

Amana washer (P)DLW330RAW will fill and drain, but will not spin or agitate. It makes a light click when lid closes which makes me think the lid switch is bad. I can't see where where the lid switch should be in the darn thing or if it fell off, under

Can someone point this out to me of where it is, how to test it, and how to replace if bad?

I have an ohm tester - do not know how to use it :(

Thank you all, BoBo

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my lightly clicking friend.  Your inclination to use your ohm meter to test the switch was an inspiration from Allah.  Our most dear and gracious host, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, has prepared a primer just for you on how to use your meter.  Would you like to see it?  Alright, it is here:

http://fixitnow.com/2004/12/appliance-repair-revelation-making.htm

Seems to me the light click when the lid closed would indicate the lid swich was working, no click would seem to be a problem tho.   But the lever could be clicking but the switch itself could be dead., anything is possible.  Is the motor running or is the washer dead??  Lid switch parts reference #,s 16, 18, 19.

Leadimage.asp?productTypeID=0153200&brandID=1268&modelDesc=AMANA%20LAUNDRY&modelNumber=DLW330RAW&documentID=M0501103&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PV&titleType=TOP%2C%20LID%20AND%20LID%20SWITCH&titleID=00003&

Moostafa and Pegi,

Turned out it was the belt. I've read a little about this, but if anyone has helpful tips to keep in mind, this grasshoppers' ears are open.

BoBo