Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

"Maytag Drying Center"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 O_Humble_One

O_Humble_One

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:39 AM

Dear  Samurai,

I have studied with interest the ways of your knowledge and technical abilities. 

If you would please grace me with a portion of your expertese.  How does such a humble and uneducated Grasshopper gain access to the front of a "Maytag Neptune Drying Center" (model MCG8000).  It is very different than the dryer you display in your archives 

Thank  you "Mystical and Powerful One of Household Convienance Devices"

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,045 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 July 2005 - 04:35 AM

Ugh, no short explanation for this.  It is different and there are some unique features.  I don't have a guide prepared for this, all I have is the service manual in pdf format, which has a detailed and illustrated disassembly procedure. 

#3 O_Humble_One

O_Humble_One

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 06:12 AM

Samurai,

After a couple "Nectar of the Gods" I forged ahead and was able to gain access.  While there may be an easier way, here is how this GrassHopper did it:

- Remove the two screws that connect the front panel to the lint trap housing.

- Open the upper cabinet dryer and unscrew the four screws that span across the rear of the control panel. 

- Move the control panel up and be aware that you will have to detach at least one electrical connector to get the panel out of the way (This will allow you to swing the control panel to the left).

- Remove the five srews located across the top of the bottom panel (Previously hidden by the control panel).

- Swing the top of the panel out and gently pull up to remove the bottom of the panel from the brackets.

- Unhook the electrical connector on the lower right side which will allow you to swing the panel to the left. 

- Sit back and reward your self with a cold one. 

Hope this helps any other "Grass Hoppers"

Sincerley,

Humble Fellow Granite Stater

#4 rojo

rojo

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 09:11 AM

I am one of the unlearned.  On this and many other subjects it is true.  I too have a Maytag Neptune dryer MDE 4000 AYQ and had need to go deep inside.  As with your journey I found no directions.  I discouvered that by taking the four screws that are inside the front door (two hold the door in place and the other two are located on the other side) the front panel fell aside easily.

#5 ApplianceTerminator

ApplianceTerminator

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

Open the closet doors and look in twards yourself.. Just start removing the screws   then the control will pop off and up and you will figure it out from there.... Only worked on a few of these but twice had a problem with the lower thermistor the one like dead center on the bottom    caused the lower dryer to have no heat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics