Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

IrishAugust

Kitchenaid dishwasher aideth not, but watereth the floor

6 posts in this topic

Model: KUDC25CHSS1

Purchased 2000. Has worked fine until yesterday.

Leak coming from under the door, at the rear, also leaking through the screw in the bottom of the door panel. Leaking seems to be confined to the right side of the door.

Removed bottom panel and toe kick. Eww.

The "barrier" (Kitchenaid's name for this part) is cracked and loose from the bottom panel. Did a quick waterproof tape repair, and replaced the bottom panel and toe kick. Still leaks.

Since this is the part that's broken, it seems the most suspect. Is there a way of figuring out if it's the bottom door gasket or the "barrier"? Or should I just replace them both?

Regards, and tia...

Irish

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Need to also find the source of this water, which likely is your defrost drain stopped up??  Need to clear the drain either in the freezer or where it goes thru the box in the back of the food compartment. If the gasket is ok, just replace the barrier.

Before you replace anything....

Remove the bottom rack and spray arm. There are several screws on the top of the pump housing. If they get loose(and they do) they will allow a jet of high pressure water to cause a wave in the tub that will push water out the front lip of the tub. There is also a seal under that cover with the screws. If the screws are not tight, remove them, check the seal, and put it back together tight. If the seal is messed up, you need to repace it.

Thanks! Will try this today and post results back.

Regards,

Irish

[user=425]nickfixit[/user] wrote:

Before you replace anything....

Remove the bottom rack and spray arm. There are several screws on the top of the pump housing. If they get loose(and they do) they will allow a jet of high pressure water to cause a wave in the tub that will push water out the front lip of the tub. There is also a seal under that cover with the screws. If the screws are not tight, remove them, check the seal, and put it back together tight. If the seal is messed up, you need to repace it.

FIXED!!

yee-HA.

Absolutely spot on. Took off spray arm, and every screw on the right side of the pump housing covery thing was loose, and the seal was sticking out. Unscrewed, reset seal thing, tightend screws back, et voila. Fixed.

Today you are my very favorite person. I thank you, my husband thanks you, my bank account thanks you, my repair man hates you.

Thanks again....

Irish

:) you are welcome!