Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Direct Drive washer WLC toasted?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zenguitarman

zenguitarman

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 08:24 PM

I just replaced the motor coupler (it was definitely worn out- several pins were broken and half the rubber was disintegrated) on my Kenmore direct drive washer (MODEL 110-4680290) and did a test run. The tub filled but refused to agitate. It would spin if I advanced the timer manually. I drained the tub and tried another test run, but the washer would blow the 15A breaker as soon as I tried to start the fill cycle.

I've tried all sorts of troubleshooting - even testing the motor continuity and capacitor- OK- and have determined the pressure switch contacts are shorted in the FULL position. It also looks like the pull on/push off on the timer wwitch is also shorted closed. Could they both have been fused by whatever caused the breaker to blow?

I don't want to replace the pressure switch and timer unless I know they're not going to fuse again. This is 10 year old machine. Am i better off just cutting my losses and replacing it?
Thanks in advance!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 BrokenDirectDrive

BrokenDirectDrive

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:50 PM

Just a question... how did you replace the coupler. I just found the rubber part of mine chewed up on the floor along with several broken teeth. I'm pretty confident I can get to the motor, but before I start I'm wondering if/how the coupling can be removed from the motor shaft and whatever else it is connected to on the other side.

Just a brief description of how you did it would be fine. Thanks!

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,185 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 April 2005 - 07:59 PM

Do you hear the motor running during the agitate cycle or does the machine go eerily silent?

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,185 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 15 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

[user=231]BrokenDirectDrive[/user] wrote:

Just a question... how did you replace the coupler.

Hey, Broken, this page awwta hepya.  :hodji:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics