Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Dumbstruck by the new computer-controlled appliances? Let the Samurai enlighten you…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
zenguitarman

Kenmore Direct Drive washer WLC toasted?

4 posts in this topic

I just replaced the motor coupler (it was definitely worn out- several pins were broken and half the rubber was disintegrated) on my Kenmore direct drive washer (MODEL 110-4680290) and did a test run. The tub filled but refused to agitate. It would spin if I advanced the timer manually. I drained the tub and tried another test run, but the washer would blow the 15A breaker as soon as I tried to start the fill cycle.

I've tried all sorts of troubleshooting - even testing the motor continuity and capacitor- OK- and have determined the pressure switch contacts are shorted in the FULL position. It also looks like the pull on/push off on the timer wwitch is also shorted closed. Could they both have been fused by whatever caused the breaker to blow?

I don't want to replace the pressure switch and timer unless I know they're not going to fuse again. This is 10 year old machine. Am i better off just cutting my losses and replacing it?

Thanks in advance!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Just a question... how did you replace the coupler. I just found the rubber part of mine chewed up on the floor along with several broken teeth. I'm pretty confident I can get to the motor, but before I start I'm wondering if/how the coupling can be removed from the motor shaft and whatever else it is connected to on the other side.

Just a brief description of how you did it would be fine. Thanks!

Do you hear the motor running during the agitate cycle or does the machine go eerily silent?

[user=231]BrokenDirectDrive[/user] wrote:

Just a question... how did you replace the coupler.

Hey, Broken, this page awwta hepya.  :hodji: