Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Laundromat washers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 edwardh1

edwardh1

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:18 AM

who makes the front loaders in Laundromats? I told a friend about the discussions here about which is the best front loader and he said who makes the ones in laudromats.

Are they bigger than home ones?

Are they all made by one company? - seems they wouldbe/have been already the testing ground for front loader design reliability????????

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 TerrysApplianceRepair

TerrysApplianceRepair

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:59 AM

visit for some brands.

http://www.comlaundry.com/

#3 edwardh1

edwardh1

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:16 PM

looks like speed queen just went into the home business.
seems they would have done it years ago

anyone own one?

#4 ThePadre

ThePadre

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:42 PM

I live on a graduate school campus. They put in some of the Speed Queen Horizon front-load washers (coin vended) in our building, to share among the 16 or so families. Supposedly they're the same as the "home" use ones they're selling.

My own opinion is that, while far better than a typical agitator, vertical
axis top loader, they don't do as good of a job cleaning the clothes as the Frigidaire Gallery front-loader (from ca. 2000, when I owned my home) did. They also don't extract as much water as the previous Frigidaire, although they still extract a lot more than a vertical axis machine.

Personally, I find the Speed Queen drum to be pretty small. A typical front loader can easily take a comforter, but not these. At least not if you want it to get clean (it fills the drum so completely that the contents can't tumble.) They hold no more than the non-super-size top loaders they replaced did.

I've not torn into one to see how heavy duty it is. It could be worth a peek.

Personally, I'm looking hard at the Staber for when I move out of here in a couple of months, simply because I'm tired of buying super high-tech garbage. I wish the Staber had a couple more cycles, but I think the basic idea they've gone with (simple, accesible, robust components) is a good one.

#5 edwardh1

edwardh1

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:07 AM

are stablers on display anywhere around the US?

#6 ThePadre

ThePadre

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:12 AM

You can send email to sales@staber.com to get dealers "close" to you. Include your zip code. They responded to my request within 3-4 hours.
More details here: http://www.staber.co...aber Dealer.htm

#7 ThePadre

ThePadre

Sōhei

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:55 AM

Some more research shows the Speed Queen home units to have a larger drum than the Horizon vended units, by about half a cubic foot. In thinking further about the vended units here, I *am* actually impressed with their construction quality, etc. I may be considering them after all.

#8 RandyR

RandyR

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 05:38 PM

Wascomats are popular in laundromats in my area; made in Sweden, I think, and one of the Electrolux companies.

I rebuilt an old "Junior" W-74 and it is one tough, durable dude. It has to be bolted down to a substantial foundation, and has to have a drain in the floor (unless you install the pump kit they have).  bought two of them for $300, they are 1984 models. approximately 18 lb machine, just right for a family.

parts are available on-line. I recommend

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics