Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 41740042990 washer not spinning or draining?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 floridamutt

floridamutt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:46 AM

Hi all,

My Kenmore 41740042990 front loader washer does not want to spin or drain. It will go trhough the cycles, but the spin-drain part of them jus won't happen. It is still sitting there with water in it.

Any ideas? all are welcome.

thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Glen Livit

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:53 PM

Take the bottom panel off, and check the pump. you should have 120 volts at the two wires when it's in spin mode. You could even make a cord and power the pump to test it by it's self.  You may just have something stuck it the pump.

If the pump is ok, next stop would be door switch

" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#3 floridamutt

floridamutt

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:55 PM

thank you nick.

That's what I did. You are right on the money. There where four brassiere wires, a hair pin, and some rug pieces right before the pump. The pump was stuck with the rug material.

#4 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 02:49 AM

Good job. You saved yourself some money too.
" Giving numerical data to Sears management is like giving a monkey a machine gun. No one knows for certain what will happen, but you can be sure of two things... It will be real messy, and only the monkey will be unharmed"

#5 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 10 July 2005 - 11:27 AM

And with the money he saved can donate to your Beer Fund which keeps this site going...;)
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#6 Moostafa

Moostafa

Imam

• The Ayatollah of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Poppy Salmagundi

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:55 PM

I would just like to point out that as a devout Muslim, I am forbidden from consumming alcohol in any form and personally find such references to be offensive and immoral. I would like express my preference to my dear, dear friend, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, that he abandon the trashy "beer fund" and transform it into something less offensive to Muslims, such as a "poppy flower fund" or a "hash-hish fund."

Thank you.

Allahu Akbar!

#7 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 10 July 2005 - 01:51 PM

LOL, yea, like that is going to happen, my friend!!!  Good try though!!!   :silly:
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#8 fixitlady

fixitlady

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

:D I have the same washer and had the same problem. Thanks! This advice helped me too -- I found 80 cents and a bobby pin. It's great to be able to fix my own appliances!

#9 nickfixit

nickfixit

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:51 AM

We just keep spreading the joy...

#10 Dan Webster

Dan Webster

Paw Paw

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Busch

Posted 09 October 2006 - 03:36 PM

send all old mustafas beers to alabama ,we will save the muslims from disgrace:D
"May the hinges of our friendship never grow rusty"
-old Irish saying

Buy me a Beer: http://web.me.com/ze...man18007260692/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics