Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot using schematics like a real tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
floridamutt

Kenmore 41740042990 washer not spinning or draining?

10 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My Kenmore 41740042990 front loader washer does not want to spin or drain. It will go trhough the cycles, but the spin-drain part of them jus won't happen. It is still sitting there with water in it.

Any ideas? all are welcome.

thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Take the bottom panel off, and check the pump. you should have 120 volts at the two wires when it's in spin mode. You could even make a cord and power the pump to test it by it's self.  You may just have something stuck it the pump.

If the pump is ok, next stop would be door switch

thank you nick.

That's what I did. You are right on the money. There where four brassiere wires, a hair pin, and some rug pieces right before the pump. The pump was stuck with the rug material.

Good job. You saved yourself some money too.

And with the money he saved can donate to your Beer Fund which keeps this site going...;)

I would just like to point out that as a devout Muslim, I am forbidden from consumming alcohol in any form and personally find such references to be offensive and immoral. I would like express my preference to my dear, dear friend, Samurai Appliance Repair Man, that he abandon the trashy "beer fund" and transform it into something less offensive to Muslims, such as a "poppy flower fund" or a "hash-hish fund."

Thank you.

LOL, yea, like that is going to happen, my friend!!!  Good try though!!!   :silly:

:D I have the same washer and had the same problem. Thanks! This advice helped me too -- I found 80 cents and a bobby pin. It's great to be able to fix my own appliances!

We just keep spreading the joy...

send all old mustafas beers to alabama ,we will save the muslims from disgrace:D