Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
BY

Kenmore Refrigerator Model #106.50569992 not cooling

5 posts in this topic

My fridge seems to have stop cooling. Both sides are warm even though I have turned the thermostat up all the way. Any advice?? Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

could be a number of problems>>>  the first thing i would suggest is to pull youre frig away from the wall . Take the cardboard cover off the lower back>>>>  Is the compressor running??? 

Just did that. I think the compressor is not running (not very sure) but the fan is running. There's air flowing in the fridge/freezer but it's warm air.

Hey BY, I have a similar model and when mine went warm I had to replace the compressor "start relay and overload" combination part.  The contacts in it had worn and it started arcing which produced enough heat to melt the plastic body of the part.  That made it more difficult to remove than just pulling it off the socket.  The Kenmore part no. was 2204307, the Whirlpool part no. was 2261636 (your frig was made by Whirlpool) and the corresponding Maytag part no. was 61004918.  All of these numbers reference the same common part.  I looked around because the Whirlpool part was $54 and the Maytag part was $17 and available at my local appliance shop!  FYI my  Kenmore is model 106.50793000, manufactured in 2000, put into service in 2001, and I had to replace the part in January of 2005.  Hope this helps.  

[user=2009]BY[/user] wrote:

My fridge seems to have stop cooling. Both sides are warm even though I have turned the thermostat up all the way. Any advice?? Thanks

You will need to determine with certainty whether or not the compressor is running. You can use a voltage sensing light stick for this. You may hear the compressor humming and clicking off. You may feel the compressor: is it warm? vibrating? Unplug the fridge, then plug it back in-- do you hear any difference in the noise?