Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Stacked Washing & Dryer #MLE2000AYW

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John K

John K

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:20 AM

I can not get my washer to spin!  It will go through the cycle but will not spin and when the load is finished it is still soaked with water.

Any help?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Trying to help

Trying to help

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 05:59 AM

Is your door lock light coming on?  I fit is, is your unit spinning slowly in the spin cycle, or does it just tumble wash all the way till the end?
If we saved YOU Beer $$ today, please make a donation to our beer fund by clicking the link below to help keep this site going. I charge $135.95 PLUS PARTS to do this repair!$! http://fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#3 rubyintherough

rubyintherough

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hi, I also have a Maytag Neptune MLE2000AYW that won't spin.

It goes throught the whole rest of all the cycles though.  The Locked light comes on and stays on.  When it should be spinning, it does keep running.  It keeps pumping some water out every once in a while.  And it tumbles intermittently during the spin time.  It just doesn't really spin the water out of the clothes.  I've even tried with the Max Extract on and off.  And I've tried every cycle; delicate, permpress, and regular.  Usually at the end of a Max Extract with socks, sheets, or towels, they'll all be plastered at the back of the tub all the way around the perimiter of the tub.  Now, they're all just fluffed up in the bottom and the bottom layer is dripping wet.

The last successfully spun out load was before the DH probably overloaded it.  He's not admitting anything, but I came home to a huge load of comforter and other stuff in the dryer, and he's saying it "mysteriously" didn't spin.  

I don't have the parts diagram, but there was a wiring diagram in the part of the washer top/front that I could get off.  I can get into the Front under the Washer Door.  There's no obvious bits of machinery or burned up belt lying around.  Actually, I couldn't even see a belt from the front.  It's probably back farther behind the tub than I could see without taking more parts off, or the back.  But, the critter is heavy and I would need aformentioned DH's help to move it.  Would rather not give him the satisfaction. 

I cannot figure out how to get into the area of the controlls under the dryer / above the washer. 

TIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics