LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bryant Concord 80 Plus CG80UA075D16B-1 imtermitently working

themajor*hole

themajor*hole

ok i'll try and explain the best i can.

yesterday i got home from work and fouind the power was out at some point, and all the clocks were reset. my fiance gets home and she says she thinks the furnace isn't working.

so i go downstairs and check it out. i checked the breakers, and they were not tripped, so i decided to try the switch mounted to the unit. before i did that, i noticed a green light inside the panel that was flashing.

i turn it off, then back on and it fires right up and works the rest of the night.

i wake up in the morning to 62 degrees, not good.  so i go down again and it goes through the normal startup, exhaust fan starts, then the pilot light goes, then it fires, then after about 5 seconds the flame goes out.  mind you the exhaust fan is still going, and no blower. it tries that a few more times, then the exhaust fan shuts off, and the light starts to flash again.

so i pull the upper panel, then the lower blower panel. don't see anything wrong, so i put the lower panel back on, it starts right up, and works untill i get home. 

then it doesn't again, so i decide to try and clean the piping that goes outside.

i pull it apart to find alot of junk in there, like dirt and a leaf.

i clean it, and put it back together flip the switch on and it works fine.

about an hour later it goes to kick on and it does the same thing again, light, then off light, off-and so on.

so i want to watch LOST so i go down and flip the switch and it works.

next time it went to start up, it started fine.  now and i'm fed up.

any ideas??

thanks

btw, i did count the flashes from the light, it flashed 6 times over and over. i read on the back of the panel, and it doesn't list just 6 times. it lists 6+1, 6+2 ands so on.

i have been doing some research while waiting for a reply, i am going to clean the flame sensor and try that. it seemed to have a build up of ash or something on it.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are on the right track with the flame sensor. Clean it with a small wire brush, steel wool or very fine emery cloth. The idea being not to leave scratches that will hold dust & dirt.

• 2 weeks later...
themajor*hole

a little update

the flames sensor was the problem. cleaned it with green scotch brite pad, and the furnace has worked fine ever since.

now to clean the ducts

Archived