Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Fisher Paykel DD602 Fault Code U3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Rowett_*

Lurker_Rowett_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:15 PM

Greetings, Wise Ones,

The upper drawer on this unit gives a U3 fault code several minutes into the cycle, on the third wash. I've had the local appliance guy over in an attempt to repair the problem. He blew out the drain hose with compressed air and even changed out the motor/impeller assembly but no joy. He's not sure what to do next and I, of course, have no clue. So, here I am. I would be most grateful for pearls of wisdom from the Masters of Appliantology.

Thanks,

Bill

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,873 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 April 2005 - 06:09 PM

This is an emerging issue that Fisher Paykel engineers are studying. They believe the valve changes pressure and the dishdrawer's control board thinks its going to flood. The fix is to replace the fill valve, PN 526850. Order new clamps, too, PNs525466.

#3 asteysn2

asteysn2

Asteysn2

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Newcastle, Watneys, Stone's IPA

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:57 PM

Hokay, heres what ya gotta do....First have the unit turned off. Then open up the drawer thats givin you trubbel.
The badge ought to be lit.
Now simultaneously press those static touch pads on each end of those led status lites (the ones on the drawer top?) (Cycle Select, and Eco-sensor pads)
Hold them for about 5 seconds.
Now If you have a metal front machine, the badge display will either show HP or LP. Assuming you have normal water pressure here like about 50 - 70 psi you want ta select the HP setting.
Do that by pressing the start button till you get what you want, then press power off to lock the setting in.
If you have an integrated model (you know.... matching your fancy smancy kitchen cabinets?)
Listen for a Hi or Low beep instead of looking for a display in the badge window.

this applies to 602's only. The 603's got smart and figgered out the difference all by themselves

Bob Sankie
Coastal Appliance Heating & AC
North County San Diego
"If you didn't call us, you paid too much"
www.coastalappliance.net
Robert Sankey
Coastal Appliance, Heating & Air
email: coastalserve@gmail.com

#4 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:20 AM

I have a lot of trouble with reoccuring U3 fault on the dd601v2.  The controller seem to be over sensitive and it will start beeping and flashing even when unloading, which can lead to the water pressure setting changing.  I have removed the controller on the affected drawer, given the exposed keypad p.c.b a wipe with a cloth, as well as the under side of the drawer were it fits in, as reside can build up in this area.  This sometimes works, but othertimes only way is to replace the controller
please help us to help you, http://www.fixitnow.com/beerfund.htm

#5 Lurker_FPinChicago_*

Lurker_FPinChicago_*

Posted 12 June 2005 - 08:04 AM

Just when I was ready to give up and call the repair technician for an ongoing U3 code with the top dishdrawer, I came across this site.  Resetting the top drawer to HP rather than the LP setting was able to resolve the error code.  Have had the dishwasher since 8/01 and this is the second error code experience.  First was within 6 months of install, F1, and required technician support and a hefty bill. I am thrilled to have fixed this problem on my own!  Thank you Bob.

#6 Lurker_spinoz_*

Lurker_spinoz_*

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:44 PM

Brilliant; got a U3 code and followed your instructions with instant fix; unit is about 3 years old and been good so far.  Your fix even works here "downunder":)

#7 Lurker_anon_*

Lurker_anon_*

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:13 PM

Same for me, fix worked great!

#8 neuron

neuron

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 07:26 AM

asteysn2,

i had the U3 error code come up.  got on line.  found this link.  fixed it in 1 hour altogether.

you are BRILLIANT!!!!

thanks so much.

broke-out-in-sweat-for-an-hour-in-new-york-but-all-in-smile-now

#9 Lurker_pacificWebsurfer_*

Lurker_pacificWebsurfer_*

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:06 PM

oh learned sensai
it all worked out in the wash
my machine came clean

my haiku of gratitude for the u3 solution
despite corialis interference, this seems to work okay in the southern hemisphere (well, sydney anyway)

arigato very much

#10 Lurker_Just Doin My Best_*

Lurker_Just Doin My Best_*

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:15 PM

The problem you describe is very similar to what I have been experiencing. How do I get to the controller? Please keep me from becoming overly violent with my appliance, oh wise one.

#11 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

Have you tried Bob Sankie's advice on resetting the pressure setting first?

#12 Lurker_Just Doin My Best_*

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:00 PM

Yes, to no avail. In fact, the touchpad settings jump on their own even while loading the drawer, often resulting on a several settings displaying an amber light while the main oval front display shows a red "HP". Other times, we can't get it to change the setting, no matter how hard we press on any of the dimples on the drawer. I've discovered, however, that if I wipe the controls with a dishrag, we can get them to be responsive again. Too responsive, that is. So much so, that unless I close the drawer very gently, the setting jumps to the next one (normal -> fast). When washing on "normal" (either green or reed), we usually get a "U3" code just a few minutes into the cycle.

I'm guessing I'll have to change some sensor or some component related to the control panel (which I actually was able to figure out how to access), but would deeply appreciate some advice as to which is the most likely culprit.

muchas gracias.... Wait. Wrong language.

#13 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:37 PM

Only one fix, my man.  REPLACE THE CONTROL BOARD!!!  That's it!:(

#14 Lurker_Just Doin My Best_*

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:22 AM

One more bit of wisdom, oh master: what's the part number? (model DD 602)

#15 Kiwi-nadian

Kiwi-nadian

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

Sorry, I can't help this time.  You are in the USA (I assume).  We have a differnt electrical system, and therefore different control boards.  I suggest email Samurai:samurai:, he knows all!!;)

#16 Lurker_Sandra Ellis_*

Lurker_Sandra Ellis_*

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:52 AM

You are brilliant!  Worked for me, too.  Have had unit since 2000 with this happening about 2 years ago.  I looked in manual this time and didn't see the fix until I looked again AFTER I follwed your advice.  Thanks so much for taking the time to save us all money.

I know one family in San Diego and I'm sending your name to them now.

#17 Lurker_dsaaks_*

Lurker_dsaaks_*

Posted 04 June 2006 - 06:16 PM

What a great forum. Got the U3 , went online, got lucky, fixed problem. Less than 30 minutes.
Thanks a million!

#18 Lurker_TMinBurlingame_*

Lurker_TMinBurlingame_*

Posted 25 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

"Bob Sankie rocks!"  Tried his solution and it worked.  Takes 1 minute.  :cool:

I wonder if I triggered the problem by simultaneously running the water sprinkling system and the dishwasher causing changes in water pressure?  Have an older house with old pipes.

#19 Lurker_Samsrex_*

Lurker_Samsrex_*

Posted 04 September 2006 - 08:30 AM

Worked for me too!  I wonder if I should change my other drawer to HP or just wait until it fails . . . also I wonder if I'm really masking another problem?

#20 Lurker_nh_*

Lurker_nh_*

Posted 12 September 2006 - 12:31 PM

Wow, thanks so much! Ours dates from early 1999 and just started having this problem. SOLVED so easily thanks to you and this board!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics