Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Helping a friend with her GE Profile GSD4020Z00BB...won't drain

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fgump

fgump

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 04:37 PM

My wife and I dropped our son off at a friend's house tonight so we could enjoy a tot-free dinner.  My wife noticed a strange noise in their kitchen, and we were told that their GE Profile dishwasher was not draining.  My wife and I then went out to dinner, and upon returning, I set about investigating.  Sure enough, it remains full of water, washes fine, but will not drain (except a very little trickle) into the disposal.  Removing the inlet to the disposal from the DW yields just a trickle during the supposed drain cycle.

I pulled the lower cover off, and observed the motor turning, and the drain valve actuator working, and I can hear the pump change, but it is not flowing out the drain hose.  I did not pull the hose off the pump to see if it's draining there...is that my next step? 

Model number is GSD4020Z00BB, S/N AT764169B.  Her husband is out of town for the next few days, and the dishwasher is a real helper in her house.  Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,064 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:57 PM

[user=224]fgump[/user] wrote:

I did not pull the hose off the pump to see if it's draining there...is that my next step?

You betcha. More things to look for in Dishwasher Drainology

#3 Rackshaw

Rackshaw

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:47 AM

Also if its got an air gap - check it. It could be clogged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics