Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

fgump

Helping a friend with her GE Profile GSD4020Z00BB...won't drain

3 posts in this topic

My wife and I dropped our son off at a friend's house tonight so we could enjoy a tot-free dinner.  My wife noticed a strange noise in their kitchen, and we were told that their GE Profile dishwasher was not draining.  My wife and I then went out to dinner, and upon returning, I set about investigating.  Sure enough, it remains full of water, washes fine, but will not drain (except a very little trickle) into the disposal.  Removing the inlet to the disposal from the DW yields just a trickle during the supposed drain cycle.

I pulled the lower cover off, and observed the motor turning, and the drain valve actuator working, and I can hear the pump change, but it is not flowing out the drain hose.  I did not pull the hose off the pump to see if it's draining there...is that my next step? 

Model number is GSD4020Z00BB, S/N AT764169B.  Her husband is out of town for the next few days, and the dishwasher is a real helper in her house.  Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

[user=224]fgump[/user] wrote:

I did not pull the hose off the pump to see if it's draining there...is that my next step?

You betcha. More things to look for in Dishwasher Drainology

Also if its got an air gap - check it. It could be clogged.