Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kitchenaid Superba KEBS277DBL1 Double Oven

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:40 AM

Ok, I have this oven that I received. Have replaced the touch pad with one that I bought, which was used and *supposed* to work properly. Well, chalk that to experience OR it's not the touchpad after all. Have read about several other types of common problems but nothing quite like this symptom.:P

With the other touchpad, NOTHING worked. With this one however, I CAN manage to get the Top Oven to Bake or Clean in regular mode, and Broil in Convection mode. Upper and lower, as well as Convection timer, Cancel/Stop buttons work. :?

I switched the boards and the same thing on each one as far as function and error code. I have cleaned the Control/Touchpad ribbon and the contacts.

Before I buy another touchpad, new one this time even though I don't really want to pay that price, what other tests or things can I check?????? Oh wiser than me repair techs, shed light on this so I can make wife happy....that makes me happier too!! ;) Microwave does only so much for cooking......:yikes: Many thanks.....will throw party for all when working again.....:cool:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

Ok, I got into Xdrive and found the manual for Kitchenaid Dbl oven, but it's not the "exact" same model. The touch pad's different. It covers "KEBS277S*" models, not my KEBS277DBL. Any other Service manual available guys???? Not sure this one will serve my needs at the moment. Going to give it a shot though......;)

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

The Xdrive is still "down" for me...

but this is what you're looking for:

right-click on Adobe icon 4317169.pdf  "Save Target as..."
KITCHENAID ELECTRONIC RANGE CONTROLS “B” & “D” LINE WALL OVENS 4317169 Posted Image

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:20 PM

Thanks, but that's only the Operation Manual. I have that. ;)

I am looking for the Service/Repair Manual. I got into Xdrive and the one there didn't cover my specific model and the diagnostic sequences didn't function. I was also looking to see if other techs had experience with components going out that caused the Error Code to come up F2, E0 and NOT be the touchpad having shorted out. I messed around with this more and DID get the keys/buttons working, then when I put back together, darn thing went back into previous behavior. ARGH!!!!!:poison:

#5 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

fron the above Job Aid:

[align=left]FAULT ERROR     FAULT CONSTANT NAME IN SOFTWARE                    FAULT DESCRIPTION                                                 SERVICE[/align]

[align=left]         F2 E0                    CANCEL KEY TOO LOW                      CANCEL KEY LEVEL TOO LOW (OPEN)          SUSPECT KEYPAD  ASSEMBLY[/align]
click on picture
Posted Image

#6 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:52 PM

Ok, the black one is a lot cheaper and the one I need. Was hoping for input that would give me other components to try. THANKS! BTW, already have the black one in my basket. Just hoping for a lesser cost.:?

#7 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

check these prices for almond, white, and black, keypad colors at Sears Parts KEBS277DBL1  :spaz:

about the same from RepairClinic    Posted Image

#8 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:34 PM

Biggest benefit to Repair Clinic....being able to return the part if it doesn't resolve the issue. Don't know about Sears Parts. As long as it's w/in 30 days and they don't refund S&H fees. Not unreasonable. I liked the sound of my $35 fix, if it had worked. Got the microprocessor board with it. Might turn out to be a real value if mine goes out. We'll see...if anyone has input, feel free to chime in.:cool:

#9 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

just a recommendation:

don't use self-clean, the 950F+ temperatures for 3hrs+ can wreak havoc on electronic controllers.

#10 TLC917

TLC917

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

I have definitely informed the wife to not use that. Besides, I usually clean the oven....;). The price I pay for warm dinners. Oh, I do the laundry and dishes too....that gets other things. :D

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

#11 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

[user=24291]TLC917[/user] wrote:

I have definitely informed the wife to not use that. Besides, I usually clean the oven....;). The price I pay for warm dinners. Oh, I do the laundry and dishes too....that gets other things. :D

Thanks for the suggestion, much appreciated.

ssshhh!, not so loud ...  :notworthy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics