Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Check out our online tech training courses at Master Samurai Tech…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Guest twboiler

Kenmore Dishwasher

6 posts in this topic

Ok - the kids got to it. My daughter stood on the door (when open) and ever since it wont run right. The Dishwasher will fill but the motor just hums and does not slosh water around. I have moved the blades manually and problem still occurs. It does not appear any wires are dislodged. We have been able to run 2 full cycles between these events -- just not constantly.

Model Number: Model: 363-14475791

Note from Samurai: Added model number

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

My first thought would be that the door hinges got sprung. Does the door latch correctly or do you have to 'help' it to latch? If the latch isnt fully engaged then that could be your problem.

This is a GE-built dishwasher which is subject to the stuck fan blade problem. Remove the kickplate and try turing the motor fan blade by hand, as shown below:

GE-dishwashermotor.jpg?dc=4675453958852595049

Thanks for the recommendations -- here is more information:

There is a small opening in the motor area that i can get to the blades. I was able to turn the blades - initially with a little effort and now much earsier. I am not sure if the blades need to move a specific way but was able to get them to move clockwise.

I have noticed that the door appears to be warped when unlached - i am able to latch it without difficulty and it does appear to have a solid closure.

Does anyone know if there is sometype of switch within the hinge area or dial that will prevent the motor from starting? Although, i dont think it is a switch because i do hear a hum in the motor - like it is froze or stuck.

ok - i have gone back and looked at the motor again and it was stuck - again. i released the blades so the are free and the dishwasher has worked for the last two night. It appears to have solved the problem.

Many thanks!

:party: