Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore Dishwasher

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_twboiler_*

Lurker_twboiler_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 13 April 2005 - 07:14 PM

Ok - the kids got to it. My daughter stood on the door (when open) and ever since it wont run right. The Dishwasher will fill but the motor just hums and does not slosh water around. I have moved the blades manually and problem still occurs. It does not appear any wires are dislodged. We have been able to run 2 full cycles between these events -- just not constantly.

Model Number: Model: 363-14475791

Note from Samurai: Added model number

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_BHIRepairGuy_*

Lurker_BHIRepairGuy_*

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:40 PM

My first thought would be that the door hinges got sprung. Does the door latch correctly or do you have to 'help' it to latch? If the latch isnt fully engaged then that could be your problem.

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:39 PM

This is a GE-built dishwasher which is subject to the stuck fan blade problem. Remove the kickplate and try turing the motor fan blade by hand, as shown below:

Posted Image

#4 Lurker_twboiler_*

Lurker_twboiler_*

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the recommendations -- here is more information:

There is a small opening in the motor area that i can get to the blades. I was able to turn the blades - initially with a little effort and now much earsier. I am not sure if the blades need to move a specific way but was able to get them to move clockwise.

I have noticed that the door appears to be warped when unlached - i am able to latch it without difficulty and it does appear to have a solid closure.

Does anyone know if there is sometype of switch within the hinge area or dial that will prevent the motor from starting? Although, i dont think it is a switch because i do hear a hum in the motor - like it is froze or stuck.

#5 Lurker_twboiler_*

Lurker_twboiler_*

Posted 16 April 2005 - 06:12 PM

ok - i have gone back and looked at the motor again and it was stuck - again. i released the blades so the are free and the dishwasher has worked for the last two night. It appears to have solved the problem.

Many thanks!

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,026 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:28 AM

:party:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics