Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Fisher Paykel Washing Machine Fault

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_simon_*

Lurker_simon_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 13 April 2005 - 08:29 PM

Hi,

Originally, machine would start/stop/start until it got into fault mode.:(

Got appliance repair man in who checked out machine. Told me from fault codes it was hot water valve. It worked and tested OK. Secondary problem suggestion was motor controller module. Bought new controller (expensive)!:shock:, but problems still occur...!:X Hot water valve really doesn't work now, and machine goes into fault state as before. ANY IDEAS?

I don't know fault codes, and F+P won't give them out free. Lights are:-

10001011 (last 2 alternate)
10001111 (last 2 alternate)

When I exit from codes, the last three lights blink (ie 00000111)......

Any ideas gratefully accepted

cheers, Simon

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:14 AM

Hey Simon,  with out being there and looking at these codes myself, this is what I can make out from what you posted,  Your model is what they call a phase 5.  This model uses a thermistor for sensing water temps.  This could be your problem with the hot water.  This thermistor is replaceable and is located in the mixing chamber.  This would result in the 1010 code.  The 0111 code you are receiving at the end states that there is a fault between the ram and display module. Check out this site www.fisherpaykel.com/service and see if you can download the smarttool for troubleshooting.  Maybe some of the other techs can help with this gig...Ron

#3 Lurker_rlrshady_*

Lurker_rlrshady_*

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:22 AM

I have a GWL11 washer that is 21 months old. The thermistor has been eaten away and caused water into the control board so that the board has to be replaced. Tech said that the issue is with my water being too hard. I had the water checked out by my plumber and he said that the water is very soft (we have a water softener).

Any ideas what could be causing the corrosion on the thermistor? any help is appreciated.

#4 Lurker_Starn_*

Lurker_Starn_*

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

Hi. I have a GW709NZ (New Zealand version) that has given the code 00101011. I don't have the lookup for the codes and would appreciate a copy and how I would access the historical fault memory. From the symptoms I made the assumption it was a spin issue, dismantled the head of the machine and cleaned, cycled and CRC the micro switch that appears to sense a lateral imbalance in the spin process. REassembled and tested...all seems back to normal.
WOuld really appreciate the codes and what I select to access the memory. Many thanks

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,936 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:21 AM

Gotta close this unsecured topic, Budrow. Pleas register and repost your question. Domo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics