Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

fisher and Paykel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paul woolley

paul woolley

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 05:28 AM

Model GW708U

unit pump starting and not draining, pump starts then stops(at rince cycle)  slight burning smell  from suds pump 4 ohms  resistance  measured  pulled out motor control board  and replaced ,now will not start up no lights  have i blown the touch pad how do i check and see if  eiter Motor control panel  or touch pad is blown???? I have purchased a new Motor Control board too nervous to connect it  can i do more damage

Rgds Paul

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Ron

Ron

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:40 PM

Paul,  looks like you have a phase 4 unit.  I don't know how far you are into this but on that model there is a mode in the motor controller where it can shut down.  This can be caused by the thermal trip on the pump.  If this occurs the module will not restart unless the power is turned off at the wall for at least 90 seconds. Try that first.  The color of the motor controller identifies what phase you have...phase 4 should be yellow.  If you succeed in getting the power back,  Press the wash temp down button and the power button together...you should enter diag mode.  Then push the regular cycle button,  this will turn the pump on or off to test it.  Hope this helps you man...Ron

#3 paul woolley

paul woolley

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 04:16 AM

Thanks Ron it ended up being a burnt out pump  and a blown board i replaced and all going well now   after $198 for controller and $74 for pump Thanks again

Rgds Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics