Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to be your own tech line...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
deltamike

Choosing a refrigerator

6 posts in this topic

As I've posted elsewhere I'm the extremely fortunate guy whose fiance and her three teenage daughters have just moved in.  I have a handle on the washer repair andI'm re-venting the dryer to dry better, but while the refrigerator works ok, it's just not big enough anymore.  The good news is, I get a used refrigerator for the workshop.  For the new one, we sort of like the side-by-side layout with an ice dispenser, and it should be white, but beyond that we're open.  Consumer Reports liked the GE which was soundly trashed here, and I'm ok with that.  So from a price/performance/reliability standpoint, where should I start looking?  Thanks for the help. 

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Select a nice simple Whirlpool/Roper/Estate.  And be sure to buy extended service agreements, what ever you choose....

Thanks for the quick reply - I just got through grinding through the archives and was about to post that I got the message about Whirlpool, and maybe LG - I've seen those somewhere, maybe Best Buy.  Getting the extended warranty seems to be the rule now - thanks.

Welcome, the L.G are nice too.....DO NOT even look at a Samsung, just pretend it is not there...They make  the G.E. look Good.....

Can you tell me why to avoid a Samsung refrigerator? I've seen good reports abou them on other sites.

jeff

Try buying the defrost heater without having to buy the whole evaperator on some models...