Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Electric Dryer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RandyR

RandyR

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:19 PM

Hi, I just found my dryer, a GE about 4 years old, apparently the heating element is staying on when the machine is off, because the cabinet is warm. I was taking clothes out of the washer and heard a click, like something switched off, so I felt the machine, and it was warm. The dial was left "On" last time clothes were removed from the machine (I suppose it stopped when the door was opened).

This is the machine I got free and replaced the heating element; I must have not gotten the wires plugged in quite correctly. Can anyone assist with the location of the wires?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:32 PM

Sure woud like to see a model number here....Look to see if the element is grounded to the canister or ceramic holder as this would make it feed voltage thru the whole dryer unless it is in the off postition or unplugged and the element would never shut off since all of the safety systems are bypassed.  Unplug this till the problem is solved since you have 240 volts feeding thru the whole dryer including the case if this is the problem.
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#3 RandyR

RandyR

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:32 AM

OK Good Idea. Model is DPSR473EWOWW

The element is OFF when the timer dial is set to an OFF position; also, the element does not stay on; it cycles, presumably due to the overtemp limit control.

#4 Pegi

Pegi

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sweet Iced Tea

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:25 PM

The element cannot come on unless the MOTOR is running unless the heating circuit is grounded some way..
Buy your parts here! Posted ImagePosted ImageRead More

If we helped you kick some appliance bootay and saved you some coin, consider helping' us keep the lights on ==> http://beer.fixitnow.com

Are you a Master Appliantologist? ==> http://appliantology...ppliantologist/

#5 APPLIANCE-ASSASSIN

APPLIANCE-ASSASSIN

Samanera

• Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 03:16 PM

Recently I've run into a couple of motor switches gone bad. The contacts are fusing and melting the switch. Might want to check that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics