Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Trash Compactor Woes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chameleon68

chameleon68

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 07:38 AM

After searching 20 pages of posts, I realize that I must have the last trash compactor on Earth! (either that or everyone else has a working model)

I have a VERY old Kenmore trash compactor that came with the house when we bought it so I'm not sure exactly how old it is, but I'm pretty sure it's over 10 years. I don't know the model number and I doubt I can get to it at the moment.

After turning it on to "compact", the noise got the attention of my grandson who kept turning the button to compact it over and over again. My husband decided he should just take the button off (theoritically a good idea, but in practice it was a disaster!). When he did, a washer came off as well. Then my grandson just kept poking his fingers in the hole left by the button. This just pushed all sorts of things down to where they shouldn't be and I can't get the button back on. The really bad part is that the ramming part was only halfway up so we can't open the door to empty the trash that's in there.

Can anyone even tell me where to start???

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 July 2005 - 09:14 AM

Will need a model number to able to help. 

Some battles may not be worth fighting.  If it's very old, maybe it's time to think about replacement.

#3 chameleon68

chameleon68

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:25 AM

Alas, replacement isn't an option at the moment. Just a couple more years and the kitchen gets an overhaul. Till then, I just have to work with what I have.

The good news is that I managed to get the door open enough to find the model number: 665.1398581

If I can get the front off the top part of the compactor, it shouldn't be a problem to fix. I'm pretty sure it comes off, but I don't see any screws or clips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics