Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Maniac_Matt

Kenmore Icemaker won't eject ice

7 posts in this topic

The ice maker on our Kenmore fridge won't eject ice. It just stopped. I removed ice I thought might ben causing a jam but no go. I can reach in a feel the ice frozen in the tray but it won't eject. The ice bin is propoerly in place. I don't know what to do as the owner's manual is less than helpful. I'm tempted to try to melt the ice with a hairdryer and turn it back on to see if that will help. Aaah! :yikes:

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

No power is going to the ice maker.  You could have a defective door switch or the emmiter-receiver boards have gone out.  Suspect the boards first as they do fail and you have to buy them as a kit.

Is that something that a person could easily do themselves or should I have the Sears guy out?

I'm not seeing where this one has the optics setup. 

Manic, let's start simple.  Pull the front cover off the icemaker and manually initiate a harvest cycle.  If the icemaker won't respond, measure for 120v at test points L and N in the module head.  If you have 120v there, then replace the module head:

http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=2024

**Kenmore refrigerator 106.51569104 ice bin in door**  My error I guess, thought all in door ice bin boxes had the emitter and receiver boards, otherwise the ice maker could not shut off.  This one must be different....  ;)

[user=533]Pegi[/user] wrote:

My error I guess,

Not necessarily!  As you've seen, I'm pretty good at mixing up models.  I really meant it when I said that I wasn't seeing the optics arrangement on this one.  It may well be there, I just didn't see it in the quick, cursory look I did of the parts diagrams.

Here we go, emmiter board ref. # 26 and receiver board ref. # 38, knew they had to be there as the ice maker does not have the on/off arm. ;)

Leadimage.asp?productTypeID=0165000&brandID=0582&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR&modelNumber=10651569104&documentID=P0308089&documentTypeID=PLDM&documentClassCode=PM&titleType=FREEZER%20LINER&titleID=00004&