Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
Novice134

Thermador PRSG304

3 posts in this topic

We have notice that our over doesn't light unless we also turn on top right front burner. Once this is turned on it lights immediately. No gas leakage. Just doesn't start. Also, once it reaches temperature, it occasionally doesn't relight when the temp drops. Again, turning on front right burner immediately causes over to light. Any ideas?

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

If I were on this service call, I'd approach this problem by measuring the oven bake igniter current draw with my clamp-on amp meter with the FR burner off and then on, looking for a difference in the current draw.  If your observation is accurate, then I would expect to see the igniter current draw increase (to something above 3.2 amps) when the FR burner is turned on, and fall below 3.2 amps when the burner is turned off.  If I don't see a change in current draw, then I know the initial observations of the effects of the FR burner on the igniter where just coincidental.